Both the TikTok social network and the location of Reels within are interesting content channels to generate viral content on social networks and gain visibility. However, they are still two very similar communication formats and, therefore, many brands do not know which is the most suitable for their strategy. Next, we leave you the 5 fundamental aspects in which TikTok and Instagram Reels differ so that you begin to see that they are not so similar:
- Video length: While TikTok videos can be up to 10 seconds long, Reels can be up to 90 seconds long.
- Audience: All ages are present on both platforms, but centennials (people born after 2000) tend to be more present on TikTok, while millennials (people born in the 80s and 90s) use Instagram more.
- Editing tool – While both social networks have built-in music library and editing options, TikTok offers more variety either way.
The algorithm is also one aspect in which both platforms differ. Next we analyze it so that you know how they work.
How the TikTok algorithm works
The is much more teachable than the Instagram one (which we will analyze later) and different factors intervene. One Belgium Phone Number Data that we must all take into account is the account settings, since TikTok is going to mainly show videos from creators and brands from your environment, that is, from your same location. For example, if you live in Barcelona, you will have a better chance of getting videos from brands and creators from the city.
Taking this into account, we can analyze the TikTok algorithm from two different points of view.
user point of view
The videos that will appear to the public will depend on their interactions, that is, the videos that they share, like, comment, add to favorites… The social network detects that the user likes these types of videos and shows them content similar to these. These interactions also take into account the accounts the user follows, the content they create, the creators they have blocked or hidden, and the videos they have indicated are not interesting.
Therefore, the best way for a user to enjoy content that they like is by interacting as much as possible with the platform . For example, there is a good chance that if you like a video from a creator, the next three or four videos will be from this same account.
Content creator/brands point of view
into account . Yes, just like in Google, in TikTok it also exists and we can work it in different ways:
- With subtitles: this way the algorithm can identify keywords, know what the content is about and show it to our target audience.
- With hashtags: they help the algorithm to categorize the video.
- Using trending audios: This is one BQB Directory of the most important factors. Using in your audio videos that are trending at that moment you can reach a larger audience. Many creators use it by silencing it so that the algorithm benefits them despite putting another voice above that has nothing to do with it. Let’s say that this last action is a “trick” by creators and brands to achieve greater reach.
How the Instagram algorithm works
It is the algorithm of a social network that has been with us the longest and is one of the best kept secrets of the platform. Beyond the workers who have developed it, few people know the ins and outs it hides. That is why we can only show you some signs that from our position we are able to detect:
- Popularity : the popularity of a post is one of the main elements that will make the algorithm boost it organically and show it to more people. That is, if a publication begins to have many likes, comments and is being shared, the algorithm will teach it more. TikTok and Instagram Reels But yes, it will show it to users who may be interested in it.